Citizens Bank Parent Loan Review
Citizens Bank is the 13th largest in the U.S. with over five million customers. Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Citizens is a well-established bank and brand, and offers both refinancing and private student loans.
Citizens Bank Parent Loan Overview
|Fixed Rate:||5.95% - 6.45%|
|Minimum Loan Amount:||$1,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount:||Undergraduate: $120,000|
|Medical: $225,000 (MD, DO, DMD, DDS)|
|Other Graduate Degrees: $150,000|
|Minimum Loan Term:||5 years|
|Maximum Loan Term:||10 years|
*Fixed and variable rates are based on APRs and include an ACH AutoPay interest rate reduction of 0.25%.
|Citizenship/Residency:||U.S. citizen or permanent resident (applies to co-signer too, if any)|
|Enrollment:||At least half-time in a degree-granting program at an eligible institution|
|Good Credit/Co-Signer:||You have good credit or have a creditworthy co-signer|
Loan eligibility may depend on a number of additional factors, including your financial history, income and expenses, and credit.
- Current loan information/documents
- Proof of income and employment (e.g., recent pay stubs)
- Lemonade Tip: If you have little or no credit history, you can apply with a qualified co-signer to increase your chances of being approved for a Parent PLUS Loan. A qualified co-signer can also help you secure a lower interest rate.
- Lemonade Tip: If you or your co-signer has a qualifying account with Citizens when you apply to refinance your Parent PLUS Loan, Citizens will deduct 0.25% from your interest rate. This rate reduction is in addition to the 0.25% autopay deduction!
- Lemonade Tip: When your loan payments become due, you can apply to release the co-signer from your Parent PLUS Loan after making 36 consecutive on-time payments of principal and interest.
Applying is super easy – get your new rate within 2 minutes
*Checking your rate will not affect your credit score.
3 Best Parent Loans in 2016
Want to save money on your Parent Loan? These lenders represent our top Parent Loan picks in 2017, and may be able to help you save thousands of dollars on your Parent Loan by offering lower interest rates and lower monthly payments. That’s real money back in your pocket.
Learn your new Parent Loan interest rate in a matter of minutes.
Parent Loans – Best of the Best
|Lender||Rates (APR)||Loan Terms (Years)||Get Your Rate||Learn More|
|4.43% - 10.82%||5 – 12||2 minutes||START SAVING|
|3.45% – 8.00%||5, 10||2 minutes||START SAVING|
*Make Lemonade is not a lender and does not make loans. We are a free, independent and unbiased website that helps empower borrowers so they can make more informed financial decisions. The rates, terms and other student loan information provided on this website do not legally bind Make Lemonade or the lenders referenced herein. The rates, terms and other student loan information are estimates and may change periodically and/or differ from your final rate and terms, which may be based on your individual credit profile and other factors as determined solely by the lender. If you would like to apply for a loan, please visit the website(s) of each lender and carefully review their rates, terms and conditions for further information. Average savings is for all customers generally, and not necessarily for this product specifically.